Darick Waterproof Grout
Technical Data Sheet
Image Coming Soon
Cement based tile grout suitable for joints 2mm – 8mm wide with excellent waterproofing and flexibility characteristics.
DARICK WATERPROOF TILE GROUT is a pre-mixed precise blend of hydraulic cements, shrinkage compensating chemicals, anti-seepage agents and fillers. The product is formulated to grout both wall and floor tiles. It is ideal for areas subject to water and/or in permanent wet conditions. It inhibits moisture ingress, bacterial and fungal growth. The surface will be less abrasive and therefore also less prone to staining and less prone to getting dirty! The Waterproof grout is available in two colours, Pure White and Pure Grey.
|Waterproof Grout Colours|
|Pure White||Pure Grey|
DARICK WATERPROOF TILE GROUT is suitable for grouting porous and nonporous tiles. Ideal for PORCELAIN TILES including when small joints widths are sought. May be used on various surfaces including flexible surfaces such as wood, dry walling etc. Suitable for interior and exterior applications.
Minimum joint width: Walls 2mm | Floors 3mm
- Colour: Pure Grey / Pure White
- Open Time: Approx. 10 Minutes at 35 oC
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 100 oC
- Pot Life: Approx. 2 hours
- Flash Point: Nil
- Storage Life: 12 Months when stored in dry conditions
- Final Set: 24 hours
- The surfaces and joints must be clean, free from dust, loose material and adhesive residue.
- Ensure that adhesive beneath the tiles has set before commencing with grouting.
- Mix DARICK WATERPROOF GROUT with clean water at a ratio of 4:1 (approximately 5kg to 1.25 litres of water).
- Mix to a creamy consistency and allow to stand for 5 minutes and remix before use.
- Do not add more water
- Use within ± 1 ½ hours
- Note when grouting in wet conditions and where added strength and flexibility, heavy traffic areas and where staining occurs, replace the mixing water with DARICK TILE BOND / DARICK TILE PRIMER.
- Apply DARICK WATERPROOF GROUT liberally into the joints using a rubber squeegee/pointing tool and ensure that the joints are completely filled.
- Clean excess grout off tiles with a damp cloth as work progresses. Do not allow grout to dry on tiles as staining may occur. Allow 24 hours for grout to dry.
- Allow grout to set before polishing tiles with a clean cloth. When using DARICK TILE BOND in the mix, the grout will be a shade darker. Any surface stain on the tiles can be removed with a tile cleaner depending on the characteristics of the tile.
- The grout when used externally should be protected against inclement weather until set i.e. cover with plastic sheeting.
Coverage depends on the size of the joint, type and size of tile. See grout formula to calculate precise coverage. (As a guide, on average a 5kg bag of grout will grout an area of 8 – 10m2)
- People with sensitive skin should wear rubber gloves. Seek medical attention if irritation or discomfort persists after contamination with adhesive. In case of eye contact, wash well with clean water and obtain medical assistance if discomfort persists.
- Do not ingest.
- Do not discharge into drains.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Clean all equipment immediately after use with potable water.
- Do not adulterate products as this may cause failure.
- Structural movement joints must be respected and joints must be provided for (details available).
DARICK WATERPROOF TILE GROUT is suppled in 5kg and 20kg double lined moisture resistant bags.
DARICK WATERPROOF TILE GROUT is guaranteed when used in accordance with correct product application and instruction procedures.