TILE MAGIC TILE FLEXTECHNICAL DATA SHEET
Ready to use tile adhesive paste.
TILE MAGIC TILE FLEX is ready to use flexible tile adhesive paste to be used on flexible surfaces.
TILE MAGIC TILE FLEX is suitable for fixing non porous tiles and porous tiles (porcelain, ceramic tiles, mosaic, cement, natural stone, brick and clay tiles) onto flexible surfaces including dry walling. It may be applied to pre-primed timber and chipboard, pre-primed corrosive-free metal surfaces, plaster, concrete, primed asbestos and chipped and primed gypsum plaster.
|Open Time||Approx. 10 Minutes at 35 oC|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 100 oC|
|Storage Life||6 Months when stored in dry conditions in the unopened container. Depending on atmospheric conditions.|
|Grouting||After 24 hours|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Ensure that the surface is clean, dry and free of loose particles, oil, dust and previous adhesives.
- Enamel and PVA painted surfaces, gypsum, bitumen and existing tiles that are not soundly bedded, vinyl and novilon must be removed.
- Approximately 80% of the surface must be chipped before applying the adhesive.
- Organic growth must be killed and removed using an effective fungicide.
- Dense, smooth off shutter and power floated concrete and smooth plastered walls should be acid etched to obtain a sound keying mechanism.
- Rinse surface thoroughly with clean water after etching.
- TILE MAGIC TILE FLEX is ready to use flexible tile adhesive paste and must not be mixed with water or any other product or substance.
- Spread adhesive with a notched trowel to a minimum bed thickness of 3mm on walls and 6mm on floors. Bed tiles firmly into wet adhesive using a rubber mallet. The entire back surface of the tiles must have full contact with the adhesive.
- NEVER USE THE SPOT METHOD WHEN APPLYING THE ADHESIVE.
- Remove all excess adhesive from the joints before drying has occurred.
- Minimum grouting joints for wall tiles should be 2mm and 3mm for floor tiles.
- Allow at least 24 hours before grouting commences. Ensure that the joints are free of tile adhesive residue or any other foreign or loose particles.
- DO NOT GROUT WITH NEAT CEMENT.
A 1kg bag of TILE MAGIC TILE FLEX will cover approximately 1 m2 depending on surfaces.
- People with sensitive skin should wear rubber gloves. Seek medical attention if irritation or discomfort persists after contamination with adhesive. In case of eye contact, wash well with clean water and obtain medical assistance if discomfort persists.
- Do not ingest.
- Do not discharge into drains.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Clean all equipment immediately after use with potable water.
- Structural movement joints must be respected and joints must be provided for (details available).
TILE MAGIC TILE FLEX is supplied in 1kg and 5kg containers.
TILE MAGIC TILE FLEX is guaranteed when used in accordance with correct product application and instruction procedures.