TILE MAGIC – MOSAIC FIXTECHNICAL DATA SHEET
TILE MAGIC MOSAIC FIX is a specially formulated cement base adhesive and grouting compound designed with additives to improve flexural strength, increase abrasion resistance, minimize shrinkage, reduce dirt pick-up and increase water resistance. This product is suitable for use in intermittently wet areas as well as in underwater conditions.
|With Water||With Bond|
|Mix Ratio||20kg / 5 ℓ||20kg / 5 ℓ|
|Open Time||Approx. 30 Minutes at 23 oC at 50% humidity||Approx. 30 Minutes at 23 oC at 50% humidity|
|Correction Time||Approx. 35 Minutes at 23 oC at 50% humidity||Approx. 35 Minutes at 23 oC at 50% humidity|
|Application Temperature||Approx. 10 to 35 oC||Approx. 10 to 30 oC|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 100 oC||0 to 100 oC|
|Pot Life||Approx. 90 minutes at 23 oC||Approx. 90 minutes at 23 oC|
|Final Set||12 hours||12 hours|
|Resistance to damp||Very Good||Excellent|
|Tensile Adhesive Strength||28 Days||28 Days|
|Storage Life||12 Months when stored in dry conditions||12 Months when stored in dry conditions|
- New floor and wall surfaces must be allowed to cure for the minimum periods as tabled below to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the tiling.
- New Concrete – 6 weeks
- New Plaster – 2 weeks
- New Screed – 4 weeks
- New Render – 2 weeks
- The substrate must have a moisture content of 5% or less before tiling commenced.
- Ensure that the surface is clean, dry and free of all traces of laitance and contamination such as loose particles, oil, dust, waxes, bitumen, paint, grease, weak cement screeds, weak renders, sealing compounds, previous adhesives etc.
- Enamel and PVA painted surfaces, gypsum, bitumen and existing tiles that are not soundly bedded, vinyl and novilon must be removed. Approximately 80% of the surface must be chipped before applying the adhesive or primed with a mixture of TILE MAGIC PRIMER mixed with TILE MAGIC GOLDEN FAST SET to form a slurry. Apply with a builders block brush, allow to dry prior to applying the tile adhesive. (1 part Tile Magic Primer to 2 parts Golden Fast Set or 1.5 parts ordinary Portland cement (by volume).
- Organic growth must be killed and removed using an effective fungicide.
- Dense, smooth off shutter and power floated concrete and smooth plastered walls should be acid etched to obtain a sound keying mechanism.
- Rinse surface thoroughly with clean water after etching.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Add approximately 4 parts of tile adhesive to 1 part clean water or gradually mix 20kg Tile Magic mosaic adhesive to 5 ℓ of clean water.
- Mix to a creamy consistency and allow to stand for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring again WITHOUT mixing more water and use immediately.
- Pot life after mixing is approximately 90 minutes.
- Spread adhesive with a notched trowel; apply sufficient TILE MAGIC MOSAIC FIX to an area that can be tiled within minutes.
- Firmly bed the mosaic (tiles) into the adhesive allowing the adhesive to squeeze out through the joints.
- Smooth off the excess adhesive to join the grouting between the tiles.
- DO NOT BUTT JOINT TILES.
- Bed tiles into wet adhesive with a twisting action in order to ensure adequate contact with the back of the tile.
- The use of a rubber mallet will be required when bedding heavy tiles.
- Tiles with uneven backs will require buttering with adhesive prior to bedding into wet cement.
GROUTING (if a different colour is needed)
- Allow at least 12 hours before grouting commences. Ensure that the joints are free of tile adhesive residue or any other foreign or loose particles.
- Ensure all adhesive is removed from the joints.
- Grout with TILE MAGIC GROUT in various colours (for wet conditions or where heavy duty strength is required, replace water in grout with TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER.
A 20kg bag of wall and floor TILE MAGIC MOSAIC FIX will cover approximately 6 m2 using 6mm x 6mm notched WALL TROWEL and 4 m2 using a 10mm x 10mm notched FLOOR TROWEL. (Actual coverage will be determined by site conditions, workmanship, etc.)
- Ensure that the above instructions are adhered to al all times and not adulterate the product in any way as this could cause failure.
- People with sensitive skin should wear rubber gloves. Seek medical attention if irritation or discomfort persists after contamination with adhesive. In case of eye contact, wash well with clean water and obtain medical assistance if discomfort persists.
- Do not ingest.
- Do not discharge into drains.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Clean all equipment immediately after use with potable water.
- Structural movement joints must be respected and joints must be provided for.
TILE MAGIC MOSAIC FIX is supplied in 20kg and 5kg double lined moisture resistant bags.
TILE MAGIC MOSAIC FIX is guaranteed when used in accordance with correct product application and instruction procedures.