TILE MAGIC PREMIUM BASE KOTETECHNICAL DATA SHEET
Standard Setting High Strength Cementous Based Primer for Surface Preparation.
TILE MAGIC PREMIUM BASE KOTE is designed to provide an excellent surface preparation for smooth, previously painted/bitumen coated, wood and flexible surfaces prior to tiling taking place. This product can also be used in general building as a basecoat for screeds, plasters as well as skimming plasters.
|Open Time||Approx. 30 Minutes at 23 oC at 50% humidity|
|Correction Time||Approx. 35 Minutes at 23 oC at 50% humidity|
|Application Temperature||Approx. 10oC to 30 oC|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 100 oC|
|Pot Life||Approx. 1 hour at 23 oC|
|Final Set||12 Hours|
|Resistance to Damp||Excellent|
|Tensile Adhesive Strength||28 Days|
|Storage Life||9 Months when stored in dry conditions|
- New floor and wall surfaces must be allowed to cure for the minimum periods as tabled below to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the tiling.
- New Concrete – 6 weeks
- New Plaster – 2 weeks
- New Screed – 4 weeks
- New Render – 2 weeks
- The substrate must have a moisture content of 5% or less before tiling commenced.
- Ensure that the surface is clean, dry and free of all traces of laitance and contamination such as loose particles, oil, dust, waxes, bitumen, paint, grease, weak cement screeds, weak renders, sealing compounds, previous adhesives etc.
- Enamel and PVA painted surfaces, gypsum, bitumen and existing tiles that are not soundly bedded, vinyl and novilon must be removed. Approximately 80% of the surface must be chipped before applying the adhesive or primed with a mixture of TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER mixed with TILE MAGIC GOLDEN FAST SET tile adhesive to form a slurry. Apply with a builders block brush, allow to dry prior to applying the tile adhesive. (1 part Tile Magic Tile Primer to 2 parts Golden Fast Set tile adhesive or 1.5 parts ordinary Portland cement (by volume).
- Organic growth must be killed and removed using an effective fungicide.
- Dense, smooth off shutter and power floated concrete and smooth plastered walls should be acid etched to obtain a sound keying mechanism.
- Rinse surface thoroughly with clean water after etching.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Add approximately 2 parts of TILE MAGIC PREMIUM BASE KOTE to 1 part TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER.
- Mix thoroughly to a paintable consistency and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir again WITHOUT mixing more liquid and use immediately.
- Spread with a builders block brush or a large paint brush to a minimum bed thickness of 1.5mm.
- When using as a waterproofing primer, it is essential to apply a second coat at right angle to the first coat.
- Allow to dry for at least 24 hours before tiling commences.
A 20kg bag of TILE MAGIC PREMIUM BASE KOTE will cover approximately 24 m2 at 1.5 – 2mm thickness.
- People with sensitive skin should wear rubber gloves. Seek medical attention if irritation or discomfort persists after contamination with adhesive. In case of eye contact, wash well with clean water and obtain medical assistance if discomfort persists.
- Do not ingest.
- Do not discharge into drains.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Clean all equipment immediately after use with potable water.
- Structural movement joints must be respected and joints must be provided for (details available).
TILE MAGIC PREMIUM BASE KOTE is supplied in 20kg and 5 kg double lined bags.
TILE MAGIC PREMIUM BASE KOTE – is guaranteed when used in accordance with correct product application and instruction procedures.