TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMERTECHNICAL DATA SHEET
TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER is a milky white liquid, produced from styrene and butadiene by high pressure emulsion polymerisation. The latex contains microscopic particles of synthetic rubber, dispersed in an aqueous solution.
TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER is a polymer latex cementitious system to increase water resistance and to improve mortars.
- A Waterproofing and Keying aid ADDITIVE.
- Primer and Keying agent for priming previously painted and gypsum plastered surface.
- Suitable primer for application onto smooth dense substrates such as power floated floors, tile onto tile, and smooth plastered walls.
- An additive for strengthening and waterproofing concentrate and mortar.
Please note: Always to be used as an additive in conjunction with cementitious powders.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Surfaces to be primed with TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER must be clean, sound and free of deleterious substances.
- Remove all laitance, paint, oil bitumen coated surfaces, etc. by wire brushing or chipping or other appropriate mechanical means.
- All varnish, sealers, polish and previous coatings must be removed before priming takes place.
- TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER is to be mixed with Ordinary Portland Cement to form slurry and applied with a builders block brush to the substrate prior to applying adhesive. Tile Magic Premium Base Kote and Tile Magic Golden Fast Set can also be used as alternative to Portland cement.
- Wet down absorbent surface such as concrete, render, screeds, etc. Ensuring they are saturated but free of surface water.
- Prepare a bonding slurry of 1.5 / 2 parts cement to 1 part TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER mixed to a smooth consistency.
- When using TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER slurry as a bonding agent for renders and screeds or for waterproofing, TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER can be diluted 1:1 with water.
- TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER is to be mixed with Ordinary Portland Cement to form slurry and applied with a builders block brush to the substrate prior to applying adhesive. Apply the TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER slurry with a builders block brush onto the substrate ensuring full coverage.
- Do not apply the TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER slurry at a thickness in excess of 2mm. If a second coat is necessary, it must be applied after the first coat is thoroughly dry.
- Apply the second coat at right angles to the first to ensure complete coverage.
- Apply the TILE MAGIC tile adhesive onto the bonding slurry once the slurry has dried.
Allow at least 12 hours before tiling commences.
Coverage on a 20 kg bag is approximately 24 m².
Refer to mixing instructions. The dosage average is between 10 to 25 litres of TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER per 50 kg or Ordinary Portland Cement covering 22 to 45 m² of substrate depending on the surface texture.
- People with sensitive skin should wear rubber gloves. Seek medical attention if irritation or discomfort persists after contamination with adhesive. In case of eye contact, wash well with clean water and obtain medical assistance if discomfort persists.
- Do not ingest.
- Do not discharge into drains.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Clean all equipment immediately after use with potable water.
- Structural movement joints must be respected and joints must be provided for (details available).
TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER is supplied in 200ℓ, 25ℓ, 5ℓ and 1ℓ plastic containers.
TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER is guaranteed when used in accordance with correct product application and instruction procedures.