TILE MAGIC SELF LEVELLING SCREETTECHNICAL DATA SHEET
TILE MAGIC – SELF LEVELLING FLOOR SCREED is a high performance smoothing and repair compound based on rapid set shrinkage compensation cements.
|Open Time||Approx. 30 Minutes at 23 oC at 50% humidity|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 100 oC|
|Pot Life||Approx. 20 – 30 minutes|
|Storage Life||12 Months when stored in dry conditions|
- New floor and wall surfaces must be allowed to cure for the minimum periods as tabled below to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the tiling.
- New Concrete – 6 weeks
- New Plaster – 2 weeks
- New Screed – 4 weeks
- New Render – 2 weeks
- The substrate must have a moisture content of 5% or less before tiling commenced.
- Ensure that the surface is clean, dry and free of all traces of laitance and contamination such as loose particles, oil, dust, waxes, bitumen, paint, grease, weak cement screeds, weak renders, sealing compounds, previous adhesives etc.
- Enamel and PVA painted surfaces, gypsum, bitumen and existing tiles that are not soundly bedded, vinyl and novilon must be removed. Approximately 80% of the surface must be chipped before applying the adhesive or primed with a mixture of TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER mixed with TILE MAGIC GOLDEN FAST SET tile adhesive to form a slurry. Apply with a builders block brush, allow to dry prior to applying the tile adhesive. (1 part Tile Magic Tile Primer to 2 parts Golden Fast Set tile adhesive or 1.5 parts ordinary Portland cement (by volume).
- Organic growth must be killed and removed using an effective fungicide.
- Dense, smooth off shutter and power floated concrete and smooth plastered walls should be acid etched to obtain a sound keying mechanism.
- Rinse surface thoroughly with clean water after etching.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Add approximately 4 parts of TILE MAGIC SELF LEVELLING FLOOR SCREED to1 part clean water or gradually mix 20kg tile adhesive to 5 ℓ of clean water.
- The substrate should ideally be at ambient temperatures upon application of the product.
- Seal the surface with Plaster Key (water based) for optimum performance of the product.
- Mix to a creamy consistency, mix occasionally whilst in use WHITOUT mixing more water and use immediately. Mix until product is homogenous and no lumps evident.
- Do not mix up more than can be used in 20 – 30 minutes.
- TILE MAGIC BOND replaces the water for special applications. (See below).
- For best results, close windows and doors to prevent drafts.
- Area must also be protected from direct sunlight.
- It is recommended to rake the product to ensure trapped air is released.
- Using a smooth steel trowel apply TILE MAGIC SELF LEVELLING FLOOR SCREED over the surface and work to a smooth level surface.
- Allow the layer to dry fully before proceeding with laying floor covering or subjecting it to traffic.
- Screed of up to 8mm can be laid in single operation. Trowel marks and high spots can be removed with coarse sandpaper of a corundum stone when the screed is dry.
- Depending on the weather conditions, it is advised to add a light spray of water on the product to ensure there is enough water for the hydration reaction.
- Drying times vary from 30 minutes upwards, depending upon thickness if the screed and atmospheric conditions.
- When underfloor heating is incorporated, TILE MAGIC LEVELLING FLOOR SCREED must be mixed with TILE MAGIC TILE BOND instead of water.
- For high traffic areas requiring harder wearing surfaces it is recommended that TILE MAGIC TILE BOND replace the water fraction required for TILE MAGIC SELF LEVELLING FLOOR SCREED.
- When screeding an underlay for vinyl, the screed needs to be air rated with a spiked roller and spiked shoes to obtain a mirror like finish.
- PLEASE NOTE: TILE MAGIC SELF LEVELLING FLOOR SCREED is a repair compound and/or underlay. If used as a final floor the SLU must be mixed with TILE MAGIC BOND instead of water and the final cured surface must be sealed with an epoxy sealer. MIXING with bond extends the curing time.
Coverage is approximately 1.8kg/m² for every millimetre thickness.
- People with sensitive skin should wear rubber gloves. Seek medical attention if irritation or discomfort persists after contamination with adhesive. In case of eye contact, wash well with clean water and obtain medical assistance if discomfort persists.
- Do not ingest.
- Do not discharge into drains.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Clean all equipment immediately after use with potable water.
- Structural movement joints must be respected and joints must be provided for (details available).
TILE MAGIC SELF LEVELLING FLOOR SCREED is supplied in 20kg double lined moisture resistant bags.
TILE MAGIC SELF LEVELLING FLOOR SCREED is guaranteed when used in accordance with correct product application and instruction procedures.