TILE MAGIC QUARRY GROUTTECHNICAL DATA SHEET
Cement based tile grout suitable for joints 4mm – 15mm wide.
TILE MAGIC QUARRY GROUT is a pre-mixed precise blend of hydraulic cements, shrinkage compensation chemicals and fillers. The product is formulated to grout both wall and floor tiles. It inhibits moisture ingress, bacterial and fungal growth.
|Quarry Grout Colours|
TILE MAGIC QUARRY GROUT is suitable for grouting porous and nonporous tiles. Suitable for interior and exterior applications.
Minimum joint width: Walls 2mm | Floors 3mm
|Open Time||Approx. 10 Minutes at 35 oC|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 100 oC|
|Pot Life||Approx. 2 hours|
|Storage Life||12 Months when stored in dry conditions|
|Final Set||24 Hours|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- The surfaces and joints must be clean, free from dust, loose material and adhesive residue.
- Ensure that adhesive beneath the tiles has set before commencing with grouting.
- Mix TILE MAGIC QUARRY GROUT with clean water at a ratio of 4:1 (approximately 1kg grout to ± 250ml water).
- Mix to a creamy consistency and allow to stand for 5 minutes and remix before use.
- Use within ± 2 hours
- Note when grouting in wet conditions and where added strength and flexibility, heavy traffic areas and where staining occurs, replace the mixing water with TILE MAGIC TILE BOND / TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER.
- Apply TILE MAGIC QUARRY GROUT liberally into the joints using a rubber squeegee and ensure that the joints are completely filled.
- Clean excess grout off tiles as work progresses, as staining may occur if the tile is porous and the additive TILE MAGIC TILE BOND / TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER has been mixed with the grout. Allow grout to dry and remove any excess with a moist sponge.
- Allow grout to set before polishing tiles with a clean cloth. When using TILE MAGIC TILE BOND / TILE MAGIC TILE PRIMER in the mix, the grout will be a shade darker. Any surface stain on the tiles can be removed with a tile cleaner.
- The grout when used externally should be protected against inclement weather until set i.e. cover plastic sheeting.
Coverage depends on the size of the joint, type and size of tile.
- People with sensitive skin should wear rubber gloves. Seek medical attention if irritation or discomfort persists after contamination with adhesive. In case of eye contact, wash well with clean water and obtain medical assistance if discomfort persists.
- Do not ingest.
- Do not discharge into drains.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Clean all equipment immediately after use with potable water.
- Structural movement joints must be respected and joints must be provided for (details available).
TILE MAGIC QUARRY GROUT is supplied in 5kg and 20kg double lined moisture resistant bags.
TILE MAGIC QUARRY GROUT is guaranteed when used in accordance with correct product application and instruction procedures.